Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The American Girl Scandal

 
 
  This was not the post I had originally planned for today, but I thought this was of more importance.


   Earlier today, a fellow blogger brought my attention to this.  American Girl has officially made clear it's support of gay "marriage".  Now, I've known for years that they helped fund Planned Parenthood which still made me very uncomfortable, but they never actually encouraged the idea directly to young girls through their magazines and catalogs.  But this is completely different, and, I think, unacceptable.


    I am not telling you this to make you boycott American Girl as well, I am simply trying to make you aware.  ( "I come to inform; not to convince."- St. Bernadette Soubirous).  But I for one simply refuse to support a company that lies to young girls and goes against my morals.


    Please don't misunderstand me, I have much sympathy for these poor souls.  I am NOT their judge, God Is.  All I can do is pray for them.


   What was your reaction to this? Are you planning on contacting American Girl?

~Emma

p.s. Thank you, Lainey, for posting about this. We are all proud of your courage. Keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. I did call American Girl and really let them know how disappointed and troubled I was about their support of gay marriage! It is not at all what I thought they should portray! I will not get their magazine any more!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! You're not thinking of leaving a comment, are you? Oh, I would be simply thrilled if you would!