I am always so seized during the span of these warmer months with such soaring aspirations towards greater productivity and creativity.
Perhaps there is something in the sunshine and warmth or that special, joyful bloom lying all about and covering everything that sends my imagination whirring. Whirring and reminding me of all the things I want to learn,
For me, if I want to get things done without forgetting or losing interest, I write it down. So this is my list of things I want to learn, projects I want/need to accomplish, and skills I want to attain. Some are more silly than practical, but why not have fun in the progress?
I plan to keep you all updated on my progress and at the end of the season see how many things I actually accomplished!
And now the list:
1. Post more frequently. (No, I'm not kidding, I'm really going to try ;) )
2. Go through/reorganize/consolidate my hope chest and items therein.
3. Make more time for writing, and just write.
4. Learn to play guitar. (Or at least try.)
5. Maybe finally figure out how to ride a bike. Maybe.
6. Teach myself to play the lap harp.
7. Repair bureau drawer. (There's a story to that, I promise!)
8. Learn to paint hand-blown eggs. (You know, like those gorgeous Eastern European ones. So fascinating!)
9.Read books lots of books.
10. Repair broken statue.
11. Create a resume.
12. Make homemade SPRINKLES!!! (Sounds super fun, maybe a disaster, but a fun disaster!)
13. Turn 17! (Eek)
14. Expand run for chickens.
15. Crochet lots of items for Fall craft fairs and local fair entries.
There! That's my list, what do you think? It certainly isn't comprehensive, but it's something from which to work. As I said, I 'll be sure to keep you all updated on my progress, success or fail, I promise!
While we're on the subject of goals, do you have anything you'd like to accomplish over the summer? Things to do, places to go, people to see? I'd love to hear!
Well, I guess it's time to get started and "make hay while the sun shines", as they say! Wish me luck!