Friday, September 8, 2017

September.


  Firstly, it is Our Lady's birthday today, so here is this beautiful image in her honor.

Blessed Virgin Mary
  
What I tell ya, folks?  Now do you believe me when I say August went by fast?  I feel like I blinked too long or something.

I kept giving myself little tasks to complete before I allowed myself to just sit down and type up a blog post.  (Which I fully realize is rather unfair to you. Sorry ;) ) The truth is, as I'm sure you are all very much aware, life is busy.  Wow!  I know, right?!

"Let there be light..."
(Some happy yellow flowers for you. Because I love you.)
September, though.  September is busy.  September is always busy.  For me at least.

We start school on Monday, I have a part-time job beginning next week, our church fair is the following weekend so I'll be face painting for that, and I still have a few minor, measly little things to do before then and it seems it's always those petty things that weigh you down and make everything feel so much more hugely overwhelming than they really are.  Hopefully that's the only run-on sentence you'll have to deal with in this post, but I think you get the idea ;) 

Now please don't think I'm complaining because I truthfully don't really mind all those things.  Like I said, September is always busy.  I mean it's true, busyness can lead to craziness, craziness often leads to chaos, once chaos ensures the feeling of being overwhelmed sets in rather quickly and can easily lead to insanity, but as long as you take a few deep breaths and say a Hail Mary or two before things get out of hand, you can usually avoid going stark raving mad and inevitably being locked away in a nut house for the rest of your days.  I don't know about you, but I'm pretty okay with those odds.

(Oh look! There's another one!  Whoops...)

Let's read...

Anyways, when I'm not concerning myself with the added strain put on my mental state, I find September a rather endearing month.  It's so charming, caught between the desire to be as warmly carefree as summery August or brisk and dignified as cooler October, the same as a child torn between either the sophistication or simplicity of an older and a younger sibling. 

There is just enough of sunshine and warmth so as not to mourn August's passing too dolefully, yet with a definite and irresistible spice of Fall, come to enchant the world to sleep once more against the coming chill.  

I guess I think September is special.  That's probably just me, but I'll continue to feel this way regardless!

Alas, I must be off, but you will hear from me soon, my dears!  I hope you're enjoying your Septembers, are they as busy/busier than mine?  (Not that it's a contest, of course, just makin' conversation.  hehe ;) )


Always,
~Emma

7 comments:

  1. I loved your post, Emma! August definitely went pretty briskly for me. Two moves to two different states was...intense to say the least.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine! Oh boy, two moves sounds tough! I hope everything's going well for you :)

      ~Emma

      Delete
  2. I totally feel you. I feel like August just flew by. I started my senior year two weeks ago and its going well.

    September is my favorite month!

    -Lia
    catholicgirlstuff.blogspot.com
    lilahsmusicals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty cool, we're both seniors then :D Woohoo!

      It is? I think October is my very favorite but September is definitely close.

      ~Emma

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post again, dear! :D I guess August didn't fly as fast for me since I was waiting for my birthday... But it is pretty crazy to think that September is here. I have actually slowed down and am in a time of "limbo". (And trust me, I'm not a limbo waiting type of girl, so that makes it just as stressful.) September here is almost just as hot as August. :P I think September wants to BE August, sort of trying to be the older sibling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Sarah :) Oh, I'm sorry it's been stressful for you! That isn't fun. I hope things begin turning around (and cooling down) for you very soon, dear!

      ~Emma

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! <3 I'm learning that God's timing is the best, even if it just means waiting.

      Delete

Hello there! You're not thinking of leaving a comment, are you? Oh, I would be simply thrilled if you would!