Sunday, October 29, 2017

'October's over? It can't be!' AKA, 'Whoops, I think I blinked too long!'


 

Couldn't we please just go back and rewind this month?

That'd be great.

“time flies when you don’t know what you’re doing” by mungo thomson

Let me tell you, that, my dear friends, is very true.  Very true.

As is the following, which I like to imagine was written by someone specifically with myself in mind ;)

the character could be written to have a learning disability (scatter brained can be a symptom of certain learning disabilities)

You know something?  This month has been a bit of a roller coaster.  And you know something else?  I've never been fond of those contraptions.

Believe it or not, I've been working on a draft post all month.  (I hope think you're going to like it!)  I keep adding to it here and there, always telling myself that I'm going to finish it tomorrow.  And then suddenly it's tomorrow, and the "Great Roller Coaster of Life" laughs and sends me into a tailspin.  Another one.

 #RebelliousWriting

 If that's true, Mr. Chesterton, I could fill a book.  A big book.

 So that's been the month of October for me, but hey, that's okay.  Sometimes we just have little challenges and things to work through, nothing lasts forever.  And it's okay to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, smile, and remind yourself that just for right now at least,

Everyday.

And speaking of filling books, did I mention I finally decided to be brave and actually signed up for NaNoWriMo?!?!?

 Rustling Thoughts

Rustling Thoughts

Is anybody else attempting this this year?  Has anyone ever participated in NaNo before?  If yes, I'd be eternally grateful for the companionship/mutual encouragement/advice.  Please let me know!!

**Edit: My NaNoWriMo username is StoryGirl17, feel free to  add me as a buddy or give a shoutout!

So anywho, I think I'm gonna end this weirdly random post before it drags on much longer.  (Or I bore somebody to death, I don't want to do that to any of you.)  If you were beginning to feel the grips on unconscious delirium setting in, I fully apologize.  It wasn't intentional ;)

Travel Quotes | The time is always now. 

We'll talk again soon, I promise!

Always,

~Emma
 p.s. I really missed you, just so you know! 

7 comments:

  1. Missed you too, Emma!! Your post made me smile this morning!

    Oh my gosh, you've doing NaNO? That's awesome!!! In case you want to find me, my username is RebellingCatherine. I'm not planning on participating this year, but I will cheer y'all on!!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Just like your comment made me smile, Catherine!

    Thanks, I can most certainly use the encouragement! My username is StoryGirl7. There, now you're officially my first buddy! ;)

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I just watched Peter Pan today, and I watched The Princess Diaries a few days ago! We think alike!

    Yay! You are doing Nano! I have done the camp, but this will be my first year doing it too! I forgot my username, I'll have to look it up!

    I am glad to see you posting again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! It would appear that we do! I haven't seen either of those movies in ever so long, probably time to watch them again!

    Oh, you have no idea how glad I am to have found a kindred spirit!! When you find your username let me know, I'll friend you! :D

    Me too! ;)

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty good! And when I thought about it, I actually saw a muppet movie reccently, too!

      I looked it up, I'm WritingMachineGirl. :)

      :D

      Delete
    2. Perfect! I'll add you as a buddy :)

      Delete

Hello there! You're not thinking of leaving a comment, are you? Oh, I would be simply thrilled if you would!