Friday, September 9, 2016

Is It Autumn Yet?


  I always reach this feeling at some point in September, like no matter how many more days the calendar says there are until Autumn, Summer is over August 31st!  Do you ever feel that way?  No?  Okay, it's probably just me then!  Anyway, happy September to you all the same!  There are so many things I'm looking forward to this Fall!



Crisp, spicy-smelling leaves, falling in lovely shades of amber and gold!  Pumpkin Pie, fresh from the oven!  And very important, leggings paired with a skirt and a cozy sweatshirt!  Now that sounds perfect!


These Marigolds are about the only thing growing in our garden this year that look halfway intentional, except they aren't, they grew there on their own!


But that's okay, I mean, not every year can be a garden year, right?
(That's what I'm going with, anyway ;)


I love the colors, all sunshine and flame!


  I was flipping through a book that I came across the other day, "The Country Diary of An Edwardian Lady", by Edith Holden, and I came across these lovely little lines of poetry:

"Best I love September's yellow,
morns of dew-strung gossamer,
Thoughtful days without a stir,
Rooky clamours, brazen leaves,
Stubble dotted o'er with sheaves-
More than Spring's bright uncontrol
Suit the Autumn of my soul."

-Alexander  Smith, (Scottish poet)

That pretty much summed up my thoughts on the matter!  What part of Autumn do you most look forward to?

~Emma

2 comments:

  1. I think the thing in Autumn that I look forward to most is Halloween!

    I love your blog it's my favorite blog of all time!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! You're not thinking of leaving a comment, are you? Oh, I would be simply thrilled if you would!