Saturday, December 17, 2016

Emma Woodhouse Week Kickoff! (And lovely buttons to grab)

      Greetings, all!  Welcome to the Celebrating Emma Woodhouse Week kickoff!  I have been looking forward to this all week and I'm so excited to share with you!

Is this not the cutest picture ever???

       I decided to base my theme on Emma for two reasons: 

Firstly, because it is the best book/movie/fictional character EVER. 

And secondly, because this wonderful book is celebrating a big birthday this month!  Okay, that one needs some clarification.  

 You see, according to the publisher, the official publication date is December 23rd., 1815, which would make last year "Emma's" 200th birthday/anniversary.  Whereas the cover page lists it as 1816, making it the 201st anniversary!  Either way, 200 years or 201 years is a pretty big deal in my opinion, and I didn't think you darlings would mind :)  (But if you do, kindly refrain from telling me so, I have quite delicate sensibilities, just talk about me amongst yourselves ;)  

 Anyway, those are just the boring facts and technicalities I'm sure you don't care about but that I can't help including because I love facts and technicalities and cats! ;D  Now who's ready for buttons?!  (I really, really, really hope you like them!)

 I think this one's my favorite!

Wait, maybe this one?
Nope, nope, nope!  It's this one!



Okay, usual tagging rules apply here!  I tag any of you who wish to participate and answer the following questions!  You may answer them in the comments if you wish or write a post of your own, just don't forget to link back to this post so no one misses out on the fun!  (And don't forget to grab a button!)

And now for questions!

1. Which Emma character is your favorite?
2. Have you seen any film adaptions of the book? Which version(s)?
3. Which did you prefer, book or movies?
4. Do you think Emma is a spoiled brat?
5. Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley?
6. Would you be happy living in Highbury, or long for the busy society of London and Bath?
7. Who is more irritating, Miss Bates or Mrs. Elton?
8. Opinion of Harriet.
9. In your opinion, what is Emma's best quality?
10. What is Mr. Knightley's?
11. Would you eat the wedding cake? 

I hope you liked the questions, now go forth and be tagged!


~Emma


6 comments:

  1. Ooooh sounds lovely! I'll fill this one out when I have a chance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvelous! I can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  2. I love your header! Will you be posting again soon?
    P.S. I love your blog!!!!!!!! :D

    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvia! I'm glad you liked it and thanks for stopping by! You can expect a new post very soon :)

      Delete
  3. I think the third button is my favorite, too :D It's kind of contagiously happy and golden and all that.

    I'm going to answer the questions here!

    1. "Which Emma character is your favorite?" Very good question, that . . . to which I do not know the answer.
    2. "Have you seen any film adaptions of the book?" Which version(s)? Haha, yes. As a matter of fact, I haven't even read the book. But I've seen both 1996 versions and the 2009 version.
    3. "Which did you prefer, book or movies?" Since I haven't read the book, I'll just say that I probably prefer the 2009 movie over the others, I think.
    4. "Do you think Emma is a spoiled brat?" *squirms because of the first point in this post* Well . . . kind of, yes. That is, I think she starts out as a bit of a spoiled brat, but I think she has a good character arc.
    5. "Mr. Darcy or Mr. Knightley?" Mr. Knightley :)
    6. "Would you be happy living in Highbury, or long for the busy society of London and Bath?" I very rarely long for "busy society" xD So Highbury it is!
    7. "Who is more irritating, Miss Bates or Mrs. Elton?" Yeesh, that's a good question. I think Mrs. Elton. I hope Mrs. Elton, that is ;) I guess it depends on which version it is, but overall, Miss Bates IS pretty annoying, but Mrs. Elton is malicious AND annoying. So, y'know :P
    8. "Opinion of Harriet." I kind of like Harriet, honestly. I've a feeling there's more to her than the movie versions let on.
    9. "In your opinion, what is Emma's best quality?" She owns up to her mistakes and tries to mend them.
    10. "What is Mr. Knightley's?" Same thing, actually :P
    11. "Would you eat the wedding cake?" Probably not, as a matter of fact, because I usually don't like cake, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading your answers, Olivia, thanks for popping by!

      Delete

Hello there! You're not thinking of leaving a comment, are you? Oh, I would be simply thrilled if you would!