Friday, June 30, 2017

Things I love about June

Oh Emma, Emma, Emma, why is it you always begin composing blog posts past 10:30 p.m.?  Why can't your brain comply with regular office hours?  Why do you insist upon opening all of your recent posts with these odd soliloquies?

Hello.

I didn't have any grand plans of blogging tonight.  In fact, all I had in mind was curling up in my pajamas and finishing The Great Gatsby (which I did indeed complete).  Anyway, somewhere between the last page and Hamlette's closing remarks, my brain said something like, "Hey, let's write a blog post!"  I was like, "Why?" and my brain was like, "Because June 30th is such a pretty looking date, that's why!"

So here we are.

 Unfortunately for me, my over zealous brain didn't offer any brilliant suggestions as to what I should write about, so this is the best I could muster on my own.  I present to you,

Things I loved about June~

A poem to June. 
Beginning with this poem I found on *shocked gasp* Pinterest.  I know, right?

all the sweet prettiness of life
 I always feel like June is simply bursting with flowers, as though to make a bright show of fanfare to usher in the summer!  Because of course, Summer is yet another something I love about June.

 Meet me at the farmers market!
Also the month when fresh produce becomes more readily available.  Fresh peaches, plums, strawberries, and cherries!

Greek // Am I the only one who finds thunderstorms completely fascinating? ceraunophilia - loving thunder and lightening and finding them intensely beautiful
To all of those who suffer from a fear of this beautifully incredible phenomenon, (which has a name by the way, astraphobia), I deeply pity you!  I will admit, in certain circumstances they can be intimidating, but I will never cease to be amazed at how much power is displayed during a real thunderstorm.

The month of June brought visits from family and many close friends, including my little niece (Oh right, and my sister ;) ), so that was particularly special.

...go back...to feel a feet hints twice!
I think my favoritest thing of all, though, are all of the special memories of the past that are linked with the month of June.  The people, places, and things that make and have made this month special!

And thus ends my strange ramble for tonight! I hope my brain is satisfied because I have run out of ideas for this post.  I hope you all enjoyed your individual Junes!  

I don't know why i find this so funny, but i do!                                                                                                                                                                                 More 
~Emma

6 comments:

  1. Why are you writing a post at 10:30 pm? Because everyone knows your brain comes alive with things to say only when it's time to go to bed. Haha. Don't some of the best conversations happen late at night? Well, it's the same for blog posts I guess. (Heh. Sometimes anyway. :P)

    This was a very sweet post. I love that picture of the girl holding the flowers. (You wouldn't by any chance have gotten that off Pinterest, would you? ;))

    Your little niece is so precious!! <3

    I love the quote about going back in life in order to feel things twice. That is so good!!

    And uh, "Julying." Hahaha. Very clever. :)

    I'm glad you had a good June. My June was wonderful! :D

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Miss March, I believe the best of conversations do tend to occur late at night. A true observation.

      Ahem....guilty ;)

      Aww, thank you! I certainly think so! (Although I know I'm prejudiced ;))

      And quite an accurate feeling, so I find.

      I will admit, I didn't come up with that one. Hehe :)

      I am so glad you had a wonderful June, too! That makes me happy!

      ~Emma

      Delete
  2. June is such a pretty month! It feels so different than January. And July is usually too hot. Sounds like you had a great June, have a fabulous July (stay cool!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is such a pretty month and quite different from January! Although I don't mind July's more intense heat, I certainly enjoy the gentler warmth June offers.

      Thank you, MovieCritic! I hope your July is just as fabulous! (and not too hot for you :))

      ~Emma

      Delete
  3. This post made me happy!

    ~Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! You're not thinking of leaving a comment, are you? Oh, I would be simply thrilled if you would!