Monday, May 21, 2018

Fresh starts and new pizazz

Well hello. 

It's just me, your elusive neighborhood blogger, back from who-knows-where doing who-knows-what.  Again.

It seems like lately I'm writing into an echo chamber.  I apologize for my absence, post something guilt ridden and half hearted, and repeat the process over when I seemingly inevitably disappear yet again.  And to be perfectly truthful, I am quite sick of that ceaseless pattern. 

Alright, scratch all that out.  I don't want it to be that way anymore, and I've got a fresh idea!

I want to write you about things that are important to me, things that are "me".  I have a tendency of convincing myself that no one who doesn't already know me well really wants to hear what I have to say.  This causes me to keep things at surface value, revealing my true depth only to those closest to me.  And in doing so, I rob myself of the opportunity of writing in my own voice-of using my own words and not just a parody of someone else's.

Anyway, I am sooo tired of doing that here on my blog.  MY blog!  Of all places, here I should be totally me.

And so this is my proposed solution: I want to write my posts as posts that I would want to read, not lame copies of another's vision.

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly 
My new official motto
 
 I was looking through a list earlier of various post ideas I've either scribbled down or begun to draft and then abandoned, I want to share a few of them with you to give you an idea of what I have in mind.

"The World Needs More Happy"

 "Admit it...Things we all did as kids"

"I wanna see the world...Or not"

"Why I don't like Mr. Darcy"

"Hometown Vignettes"

"All the words I would say..."

And I even have a couple series I'd like to write.

"Reclaiming Beauty: Modesty in a modern world"

"Pages Through Time"

"What Defines Gentleman: Reigniting chivalry in the 20th century man"

"On Being a Lady: Timeless femininity for the 20th century woman"


This certainly isn't an exhaustive list, but I think you catch my drift.  Regardless, I want to hear what you think!  Are any of those ideas things you'd like to read?  Do you have any suggestions or ideas to add?  Please, don't hesitate to throw your thoughts into the comments!  We're in this together, I want to hear from you :)

Always,

~Emma


6 comments:

  1. Hello, Emma!!! Welcome back!!! I always enjoy reading your blog because the posts are so sweet and beautiful, but now I’m looking forward to all of these new posts very much!! Keep up the good work!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sarah!!! *waves* Awww, that's sweet! Thank you so much! You're a darling :)

      Delete
  2. PS. I read the title as “new pizza” and I got curious and excited! XD NEW PIZZA! Yum! Gotta love pizza! Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yum, new pizza sounds delicious!

      Delete
  3. ALL of those post ideas sound wonderful, Emma!! I love reading those sorts of things :). I can't wait to see them!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you, dear :) I can't wait to write them!!

      Delete

Hello there! You're not thinking of leaving a comment, are you? Oh, I would be simply thrilled if you would!